TWR MAWR LIGHTHOUSE
Llanddwyn Island - Wales
A beacon, called ''Twr Bach'' was built on the island to help guide ships but in 1845 a more effective lighthouse was erected.
This lighthouse was called Twr Mawr and was modelled on the windmills of Anglesey.
This 35ft tower with an effective height above sea level of 82ft was visible from 7 miles away. The original ''Twr Bach'' beacon just across the bay, equipped with a directional flashing light, replaced Twr Mawr as lighthouse for Llanddwyn in 1976.